Sunday, October 14, 2007

Sports Weekend

On late friday afternoon, when I shut down my work Computer with the Remarks, "Thank God It Is Friday !!!", I did not had a solid plan of spending my weekend.

There were number of things going on and coming up. One of my friend Rohan was going to come from Chicago to Boston, and for a moment I did gave myself a thought of visiting Boston. There were enough attractions to go to Lowell. I could Watch the Fall Colors in the White Mountains Area. One of my friend's had a Son, I could have met him as well. I could have enjoyed the Navratri Night out with old pals. I could have played "CARDS" and watch Cricket On Saturday night. But all this would require about 12 to 13 hours of driving.

"Work From Home" concept as helped me a lot in many areas but it has also killed my joy of Driving. I neglected the above proposal with couple of things in mind. Ofcourse, Driving Long Hours was the prime reason and second being Lots and Lots of Ball games on Television.

For the Start of Friday, It was, "Boston Red Sox Vs Cleveland Indians". If I would have been driving on Friday evening, I might have missed that. I kind of predicted with my colleague that Boston would score 5 runs in 3rd Inning. Boston and Josh Beckett were more than perfect in the game 1. By the Time, We went to see the Late Friday night movie, "Bhool Bhulaiyya", the game was secured with Boston leading the game by scoring 8-2.

I was jumping up and down but Indians and CARMONA bring me down in Game 2. It was much more better and tight game compared to game 1. I knew the moment, Ortiz/Ramirez/Lowell combo could not scored in the bottom of the 9th inning, It was game over for Red Sox. I am kind of predicting the Red Sox winning this series but it is not going to be easy affair.

I was kind of disappointed with loosing my driving touch and decided to drive around for about 4, 5 hours. I found out a beautyful place, small town called, Jim Thorpe in Pennsylvania which is located in the middle of the Pocono Mountain Range. The Journey of driving across the Mountains with River flowing across and little bit of fall colors with R. D Burman songs playing was quiet a good Saturday Afternoon.

Disappointment started when we couldnt got the Train Tickets to see the Valley from the train and then Boston loosing the second game and miserable game of Cricket that I watched on Saturday night. Well, the game was not that miserable if you are Symonds fan. He single handedly, ruined and crashed all the Indian Bowlers. Although small grounds and loosing catches by Indian Fielders did not helped much either.

Murli Karthik, the best of the lot on Saturday night, gave 15 runs in 7 overs and gave away 18 runs in 1.3 when Symonds was on song. This just gives the idea of how cruelly Symonds was batting. There is something wrong with Rahul Dravid, not only his batting but his fielding has been effected. He dropped 2 catches, and the most stunning catch that he took, there was not enough signs of joy.

I was awake till 5 in the morning to see, Old Pair of Ganguly and Tendulkar giving the best of the start. They were flowless, ruthless and attacked with the Plan. We were moving very nicely up and until, my eyes gave up on me. When I woke up next morning, the result was disappointing.

The Game, That I thought would be worth watching, was indeed a great. I have been accussed of supporting the underdogs throughout. If the world Supports, Tendulkar, I support Lara or Azhar, If the World goes ga ga over, SRK, I support Aamir Khan. When Kumar sanu was ruling, I liked Udit Narayan. Brazil in the football was ruling, when I was supporting ITALY. In Tennis, when the Sampras was number 1, I was supporting, Goran Ivanisevic. Overall, Whenever there were arguments, I was downhill. Patriots is the only team, that I support, is actually, on the TOP of the Mountain. I am enjoying supporting PATS and they are enjoying the winning.

Many NFL Gurus are rating current PATS team is the best that ever had. I couldnt agree more. They have good enough defense. They have best Quarterback, They got great Coach. now they have good supporting team mates for Tom Brady. Randy Moss touchdown just set the tone and they made Dallas Cowboys (which is also very good team) looked like Buffalo bills.

I can not wait for the Game between, PATS and COLTS 2 weeks from now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beware fols, Blogger #1 on the prowl for miserable suspects....

Amol Waradkar