Sunday, October 7, 2007

Power of 3

When the two great minds talk with each other, they share their ideas. When two average people talk with each other, More often or not, the talk leads into or about a "3rd Person". Let me tell you, I havent met anyone in this lifespan whom I can consider as great as Newton or Einstein. We all come across lot of people who are Normal Average People. After talking about you and me, more often or not that talk leads into the "3rd Person" talks.

Actually, I have observed, any conversation with friend or family member or anyone which lasts for more than 15 minutes, involves this critical "3rd Person". For Example: If you are talking with your friend, invariably, after few hi and hello and whats up?, There comes a statement, "You know this guy brought a new car?", "You know this guy got married", "Do you know what is happening with this guy?".

Now, this mysterious, idiot looking 3rd person is not only bounded by a person. That might be a group or Sports or Movies, but It is observed by me, that invariably, instead of the two people talking about their ideas/thoughts, the talks fall into the 3rd Person. More often or not, they criticize the 3rd person. More often or not, they feel, 3rd person made a bad move.

There are many things America has taught me. One of the best thing I feel is this particular statement, "Whatever makes you happy". This statement will make you and everyone around you Happy. I am trying to learn this new philosophy where you dont get personal or too emotional and take the decisions in the positive manner.

For Example: If someone has bought a new TV, of Brand "Samsung", even though you feel that Samsung is not the best choice, You would hide it as the first response. You actually Congratulate your friend, for buying a new TV. You then ask him, How is the new TV. You then ask him, What made you thought, buying a new TV and then of Samsung. After getting all the thoughts, you will say, "You are Happy for him, for buying a new TV". Somewhere down the road, if your friend asks, and becomes too pushy, you would give diplomatic answer, saying, Yeah..They all make good TV's now. and then you would say, Samsung is a good choice. (Although inside your brain, since you bought Sony, you want to get that point across the person, but you would hide it). Only Statement you would make in favor of your selection would be, "Yeah, I loved Samsung too, but Finally, as I was getting good deal on Sony, I went for it".

For Example: If someone has bought a new car, Lexus, You would again follow the same steps. In the end you would just say, "Yeah, but my personal fav. is, BMW".

Talking about the CAR, There is one famous argument that I have against my friends about, "India Vs America". Well, I guess, I will have to write an ESSAY about it, but that would be somewhere down the Road. I asked one of my friend, about What made him think about living the Life in America. Since that particular person is very fond of CARS, he said, Here I can drive luxurious cars. Buying BMW or Mercedez, seems like a reality Vs If you live in India, that might be a dream. My Argument was, It depends upon the individual personality.

For Example: If someone ask me, What would be a good feeling? Driving 50000$ BMW or Sitting on the backside of Maruti Esteem. Naturally, there is no comparison in between BMW and ESTEEM. But, the key point is, Driving a CAR Vs Sitting on the back of the car and have a travel with Relax Mind. After all, whether you have BMW or Mercedez, you would be still, DRIVING your own (that is also after 5 to 6 year of installment) Car, while in India, you wouldnt necessarily driving the car. You would have your personal driver, who would be taking you out wherever you want and you could actually sit down on the backside, enjoying the outdoor or reading the newspaper. Although, initially, driving BMW or Lexus may give you immense satisfaction, after a year or so, when you are that feeling would start vanishing in the air.

1 comment:

Rohan said...

hmmm....cars....u knw me..have to make a comment! ne who...tagline of BMW is "The Ultimate Driving Machine". For me it makes no sense to spend 60 lakhs and buy a rickshaw!