Friday, March 27, 2009

iPhone

It has been more than 6 months since I have iPhone. There are lot of pros and cons of having iPhone.

First and Foremost, I wanted to keep "AT&T" Services for my Voice Plan as most people that I make calls have AT&T Services and "Mobile to Mobile" Minutes are Free Minutes. Secondly, AT&T (Cingular) is the only company which carries "Roll-Over" Minutes. Third, I Work for AT&T, so I want to give money to that Company which eventualy pays me.

Looking at different AT&T Phone available, There arent many choices. I prefer "Nokia" and "Samsung" Phones because they are more user friendly. However, AT&T has more Motorola and Sony Ericsson Phones. Regular Phones (Not Smart Phones) which are available for AT&T Services does not carry lot of features. I was having Samsung Phone earlier and I was very happy with the usability features of it. However after 2 years, I was sort of bored with the phone and since I was eligible for a new phone, I wanted to grab that Opportunity.

Today is the age of Internet over the Phone and I was mentally prepared to give money for using Internet over the phone. Any Phone where if I am paying for "DATA PLAN" (Accessibility of Internet) was carrying price tag of minimum of 20$ per Month.Since I was ready to pay 20$, Only disadvantage of getting iPhone was giving 15$ more in Data Plan. Advantage of giving that 15$ Per Month was carrying the best available Smart Phone.

There is no doubt that iPhone is the best Smart Phone Available with the use of Internet over the phone. The Look and Feel of Phone and Touch Screen makes it even more worthy of having it. There are lot of features available, if you are technically smart. One of the feature that I use the most is "You Tube Videos". Just before going to sleep, I can listen to old hindi songs for 5 or 10 minutes. I am stuck in the middle of the traffic and I want to check Stock Market Price, I can. If I am sitting in cafetaria having my Lunch and want to check Cricket Score, I can. Those are some of the use of Internet that I loved in iPhone. There is a smart button in iPhone, which mutes the phone which helps me just entering "in-person" meeting.

However, after sometime, you realize that if you are IT Professional, and in front of Computer (Laptop with Internet) almost 15 hours a day, the use of Internet over phone does not attract you. Also When you compare the 35$ Data Plan and 35$ Voice Plan, you realize that, you are not using worth of 35$ per month. There is also one big disadvantage. iPhone is completely dependent upon, "iTune" software. Apple keep on releasing new version of iTune every month and you need to synchronize iPhone with new iTune every now and then else, many of the Applications given will not work.
Apple Browser given also does not work for all the websites, for example some of the Fantasy NFL Site will not work, some of the Graphics will not load as fast as you expect. Also, If you have two laptops and only one laptop carries few songs, when you use synchronize button on the second computer, you will loose all the songs downloaded in your iPhone since second laptop does not have those songs. It is tedious process to convert songs into "TUNES" for Free.

No comments: