Thursday, September 6, 2007

SPORTS




Sometimes, I wonder what would be LIFE without something called, "SPORTS". I follow many of them. I love all of them. I admire most of them. Just felt, lets write How Many of them I still follow.


As an Indian, It is in my blood to follow Cricket. It is a religion to me. Infact, I am so damn Cricket Crazy, that I put Cricket over Country. May be That is the reason, I am out my country and still following Cricket everyday. May be that is the reason, over the years, I supported, WEST INDIES over India. Just love the way west indian play the game of Cricket. Specially, until Lara was playing. However, I no longer support them. I am supporting my own countrymen now.


I support and follow many other sports , almost all of them which involves, "BALL". To Name Few, I would say, Baseball, American Football, Basketball, Soccer (The real Football), Tennis, Golf, Pool (not swimming pool), Field Hockey ( When Dhanraj Pillay was playing and now after Chak De India movie), College Football.


I also (atleast used to when Michael Schumacher was playing) follow few of the F1 Racing games. I play, Table-Tennis, Carrom,playing cards, BOWLING and Chess too. Sometimes, I feel, it is very difficult to keep track of all the news surrounding all the games. However, I manage not to miss the most important of games and atleast once in a day, follow each of the news.


Since I lived in Boston, RED SOX became another passion and RED SOX Vs YANKEES encounter became must watch. Daisuke Matsuzaka and Manny Ramirez are my fav. players from Red Sox. Ichiro though this year is my MVP. Please I hate A Rod , so cant name him.


I follow College Football too and Rutgers and Ohio State are my fav team. I follow American Football too. Tom Brady is my Quarterback and I support Patriots and normally dont miss any of their games. From National League, I like, Greenbay Packers and Brett Favre.


Basketball, I normally watch it during the winter and Michael Jordan like everyone else was my hero. In Today's Players, I like Lebron James (though he is little over rated), Kobe Bryant is I feel the best player in the league but his another name is Controversy.


From Last couple of seasons, I am supporting, Phoenix SUNS. Steve Nash and Jason Kidd (Nj NETS) are phenomenon guards. By the Way, I hate SPURS like anything...specially the whole look of Tim Duncan, Can not stand him.


Well, This three games which I started following after coming to America are no where close to World's Best Game, the real FOOTBALL, Soccer. Italy used to be my fav team and Roberto Baggio was my hero. Ya, no Pele, no Maradona, It was Roberto Baggio for me all the way. 1994 Finals against Brazil, When Italy lost, I cried entire night, When Baggio missed the penalty kick, I threw my Remote Control towards the expensive Sony TV.


Finally last year, Italy won the World Cup, and I was so damn happy. Zidane is one of the player I hated the most , actually hate most of the French Footballers except, Thiery Henry. I can name countless Italian Players who were my fav, including Maldini. Since I am much into Italian Team and European Leagues, I never got the chance to support Brazil. But I agree, Brazilians are the best footballers. It takes a lot of effort to beat Brazil in the game of Football. For many years I supported, ARSENAL because of Dutchman, Dennis Bergcamp. Now a days, I love Liverpool. Again, Because of Rivary, Since I support Arsenal, I can not support Manchester United. What a Irony!!!, cant help.


When It comes to TENNIS, like Mercedez, I love, Steffy Graf and Boris Becker. After Becker , it was only Goran Ivanisevic and his final Wimbledon win, which kept me interested in the game. I hated Sampras, Courier, Edberg, Macenroe (most of the american tennis players, except Aggassi). I started following Tennis more closely since 1992, when Agassi and Ivanisevic, two youngstars came in the Wimbledon Final. Today, I support, Roger Federar, Actually, he whenever will be retired will go out as the Worlds best Tennis Player, but my heart will always support, Boris Becker and Ivanisevic.


I learned about GOLF from my best buddy, Alok Jani. When he said, You win in Golf, when you have Negative score, for a moment I couldnt believe it. I never liked Tiger Woods, I always liked Michelson and Vijay Singh.


I must admit, I still do not follow many other interesting SPORTS, like, NASCAR, ICE HOCKEY, BADMINGTON, Boxing, Horce Racing etc etc..But I am sure, I will get them sooner.




No comments: