Friday, September 21, 2007

HERO

Everyone in their lifespan, have many HEROes. Be It Amitabh Bachhan, Be It Sachin Tendulkar, Be It, Mohandas Gandhi, Be It Maharana Pratap and I can keep on saying the names. This Idolism or Heroism begin with the Like. When you like someone so much, you start admiring them. After certain stage of admiration, You start Loving them and then comes a stage where You call them your HERO.

This HERO of theirs keep changing with their life span. I like most of the people had my DAD as a HERO in the early life span. I wanted to be like him, I wanted to be in "COMMAND" of a situation like he always has been. Then I grew up and made friends. During the early stages of my school career, "Dhiru" was one of my idea of Hero. That guy has an amazing charisma. Whenever he was around, people used to follow him. If he says, lets go to movies, people go to movies. If he says, Lets Play Cards, People play cards. If he says, Lets play Cricket, People Played Cricket. I had hardly scene an occassion when people did something which he didnt liked.

Then I started following Movies...and Amitabh Bachhan became my Hero. I kept admiring him and saw most of his movies in the childhood. During the later half of 90's, Aamir Khan emerged. I saw my first video film as Qayamat se Qayamat Tak and ever since, it was die hard battle between who is superior in my mind, Aamir or Amitabh.

Then I took some keen interest in Sports. Boris Becker (Tennis), Roberto Baggio (Football) and Mohd. Azhar and Brian Lara (in Cricket) were my heroes.

Then, I grew up more and challenging people like, Bill Gates and Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel were my heroes. During my short lived, Ruparel College Era, We all used to admire, Dhruv Kazi. My much hyped, Terna Time had Mikunj Joshi as Hero. During my Master's Degree Program, We had Manoj Kathrani as a hero. In my beginning of the (It has been 4 years now, I still call beginning) professional career, I see, Binesh Desai as one of my hero.

At Times, I wonder, What does it take to be a Hero? What does it take to be an inspritation to someone? Do I or Will I ever carry that magnetic personality to be a Hero?

Actually, If I take a deep breath, and go back to my memories, I was kind of a HERO, during my school days...I was the top notch character in getting the good grades, was good enough to be champion in extra curriculam activities. I was a leader of my group and been involved in many of, "Saila Ru, Saila Re" kind of fights. That Heroesm vanished miserably when I saw much more scholars in D.G. Ruparel College. Everyone was kind of smarter than me, Everyone was kind of intelligent than me, and the only route to be Popular or be Hero was to throw the money. Just to prove myself an Hero, I never used to sit down in the First Class Compartment, Used to keep myself out in the heavy rain. I did almost all the tricks in the book, just to keep the Heroesm going.

Well, That did not helped me to get good grades in the 12th but it certainly helped me to develop and build my tough characters. Something which Mumbai People call it as"Street Smart". That Heroes certainly growed, in the early life of my Engineering college. I was much into making groups, being a Leader, Putting up a fight, Not to follow the rules ...and all the things in the World which could make you Popular. One of the dumbest thing to do was, Keeping the Tuesdays as Silent Days, when I never used to Open the Mouth, not even for drinking Water. I am sure people would still remember me as that poor , stupid , idiot fellow.

There was a time, with that image of Hero in Terna, Carrying even a Book would be regarded as image breaking. To avoid that situation, I took the help from Vinaykar, who used to attend each and every lectures. I just used to keep my book with him, borrow the pen, in one (that would be lucky day) if I attend that one lecture.

That Smart Dude, Vinaykar, actually inspired me. One Day, I just wondered, what would be the life, If you are not the Hero. How does it feel when no one notices you what you wear? How does it feel, when half of the people in college does not know your name? I kind of took those thoughts very seriously and from that day onwards, I kind of made an effort not to be the Hero.

I really have to kill my inner instincts to calm my anger. I literally have to talk a loud with myself just to avoid a situation, where anyone even by mistake calls me and understands me as Hero. I want to live the life of a normal person. I actually want to enjoy those moments, where no one notices you. I really want to be a common man.

Actually, I want to get rid of all the thoughts of being a HERO. However, at times, when I get into many fights, or when I speak to my old friends, I get that Superior Feeling, I get that feeling that I have more heroesm and I am kind of "SOMETHING". God Knows, When I will be completely a normal common man, but there are certainly efforts. For a Strange Reason, there is also a conscious effort to avoid my old and good friends. Those Friends may blame Married Life is the reason of this change but it is certainly an effort from my side to avoid them. Be it Jatin/Himanshu/Manoj/Nikhil/Aniket and many more whose names I am afraid to take, but I am feeling scared to open the pages of those closed chapters.

I used to joke around, "If I knew, Programming and Bike, Yash Raj might have found the Shahrukh's Replacement" :) Now I certainly know the Programming but want to go miles away from being Shahrukh :)



From the School Time

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. In any case I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon!