Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Simple Investing Advice

3 years ago, I wrote a blog for people who are beginners - to invest in stock market.

https://viralpatel15.blogspot.com/2021/03/stock-market-beginner-advice.html

Later on I updated the blog with this edit: 

Follow above method at least for your first 10,000$. Once you reach that threshold and wanted to jump in individual stocks, please invest in any of the following three buckets based on your risk tolerance. 


https://viralpatel15.blogspot.com/2022/04/my-favorites-stock-compilation-list.html

I follow very "complicated" method and have multiple trading/investing accounts. I spend 80 hours a week - because I really love everything about stock market, but I understand most folks do not have time, passion, need or energy to spend lot of time. So, I thought, what could be the "simplest" method - that everyone can follow and came up with the following. 

Please keep an eye on Top 20 stocks that I select in my "Cream" portfolio. I update them rarely (on an average could be twice in three months), and invest "DAILY" or "WEEKLY" in those stocks based on your risk tolerance. I invest 5$ Daily in those 20 stocks. That would be 1260$ per year for each stock and that would be roughly 25000$ each year. If you can't afford 25K per year, you can reduce amount to 2$ per day or 3$ per day or 5$ per week (whatever works best for you). If you can afford, more sure, you can also do 10$ per day. This is very simple to do - once you set it up in Robinhood (or any other trading platform which allows fraction stocks buying), it won't even take 30 minutes of your time per month. Extremely Doable - in my opinion. 

    List for 2023 can be found here: https://viralpatel15.blogspot.com/2022/12/robinhood-portfolio-recurring-buying.html

    List for 2024 can be found here: https://viralpatel15.blogspot.com/2023/12/2024-stocks-picks.html


They say - index investing is the best option, but indexes will not give you extra ordinary return. Picks from 2023 are already up 130% in less than a year and half. I can't guarantee you - that my picks will always outperform - no one can but I sure as hell believe that they will be and short term results do indicate that. 

Although - I don't have screen shot from Finviz, but I am doing stock picking from 2018 and each year have outperformed SPY - Well not in 2022. 

For me - it is not easy to pick those 20 stocks. In my robinhood account - I have 1800 stocks. In another Robinhood account - I have 450 stocks. I trade regularly in my TD Ameritrade account and my holding period in "Trading" account is in between 1 day to 60 days. I follow - different method/philosophy for my trading account. Perhaps I can explain how I trade in a separate blog - but let me tell you - I am not the best of the trader, I lose money in trading, but I have not lost money in "Investing", because in "Investing" I buy stocks with the mentality to hold them forever. Investing is the best way to create generational wealth. Trading is "fun" though - keeps you waiting for Monday Morning. I also have M1-Finance account, where I pick 20 stocks for the week - buy them on Monday morning and Sell them next Monday morning with new set of stocks - depending upon which stock charts are looking good in the weekend. 

There is a lot of analysis and thinking that goes behind picking 20 stocks. It is years of experience - years of following market trend - looking at the charts - looking at company fundamentals - studying their earnings report - listening to experts opinion on cnbc and bloomberg and what not. I hope - my thoughts and picks helps people in their respective investing/trading journey. 

I will continue to share my thoughts on Twitter - viralpatel15 on regular basis. 





No comments: