Sunday, August 30, 2009

VONAGE

Free Hit Counters


Free Counter
Vonage, one of the leading brand in Voice over IP phone has came up with the new package deal. This new deal gives ability for subscribers to give free unlimited call to India from USA. It also includes many other countries that you could give free calls to, for example, Canada.

It has a fixed Price menu with 25 bucks and few taxable junkies which makes the total bill goes upto 33$.

At start, It is a very lucrative offer as you can do unlimited calls anywhere in USA as well as India. However there are two minute catches.

Catch number 1 is that the plan can change anytime. That is if you have say, verizon or AT&T or Comcast as home phone provider and you change your services to Vonage. After 6 months or so, Vonage can start charging you as on per minute basis. Lets just say, Vonage will not change their rates, still their catch number 2 is very tricky.

One of their clausses says, there is a limit of 5000 Minutes on outgoing calls. Meaning, whether you gave a call to USA or India, maximum in a month you can call is 5000 minutes. At start, 5000 minutes seems like a huge number. However, that is not a case for people like me. I work from home many days (practically 20 days in a month). I have to be on phone for an average of 6 hours. 60 Minutes multiplied by 6 is 360 minutes per day. 360 minutes multiplied by 20 (days) is equal to 5200 Minutes.

This 5200 minutes is not calculating my international calling or weekend calls. Even then I would exceed for an about 200 minutes.

Then I checked my Reliance Calling card bills. It seems, I have been calling around worth of only 20$ per month. Plus, I am investing money on Reliance (Ambani Brothers, Gujju's, Mumbaites and an Indian) rather than Vonage Company.

So, Overall, even though the lucrative offer is very good, it is not good enough for me to cancel my Verizon Phone Number and use it for both USA as well as India calling.

Also, I am not the frequent caller to India so, to pay 33$ Per month only to call India and have another USA Number is not something, I am willing to take rightnow.

So, Bon Voyage to Vonage Offer.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

When you dial in to join the bridge at work you are dialing into a toll free number, which does not count towards the 5000 mins :)

Swami said...

OWNEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Veera Sadayappan said...

Had vonage for the last 3 plus years. Addition of India calling actually helps me. I dont need any more phone cards (not that I was using much, I have 3 vonage phones, one in US, one in my parents house and one in my in-laws house). I can call all my cousins and relatives now. Probably I can start talking to them again like olden times!!!!